Our Valued Clients –
As we are all carefully monitoring the COVID-19 (Coronavirus) situation, Docutrend, in accordance with the CDC and public health and safety guidelines, is actively taking steps to ensure the safety of our teams and the continuity of our operations.
We’ve had disaster preparedness and business continuity plans in place for events such as natural disasters and pandemics for some time, and we designed our business to withstand these occurrences with minimal impact to you.
We have asked our own employees to avoid any non-critical business travel, however we do not anticipate disruptions to our operations as a result of the COVID-19 situation, our solutions are cloud hosted, our teams can work and connect with our clients remotely, and we have redundancies should any location be impacted. Our field staff has been thoroughly trained on how to perform in-person services while keeping themselves and you, our clients safe.
The nature of our service to you requires that our technicians and delivery people must visit your office to fulfill our obligations to you. As of last week, our technicians are required to wash their hands properly both when they arrive and before they leave your office. They will also use disinfectant cloths before and after they interact with your systems. Our delivery staff will follow the exact same procedure.
Our salespeople have been instructed to offer remote or phone meetings to clients. We’d prefer to give you the choice whether to have us on-site. If you do choose for us to visit, our salespeople have been instructed to follow the same proper hand washing procedure as our technicians both when they arrive and before they leave your office.
Currently, we want to encourage you and your organization to pause and consider the following points as they relate to your action plan and ability for a fully remote workforce.
Should you need assistance, we are here to assist your continuity plans and ensure your work from home systems are in order and leverage the correct technology to minimize disruption.
To prepare for the possibility of a fully remote workforce, we have prepared this brief list of items to consider.
Technology Infrastructure for Your Full Workforce to Work Remotely
- Do your employees have a way to print & scan reliably and access critical business documents?
- Is your current office connectivity (ISP bandwidth), and IT infrastructure able to accommodate the increased inbound connections to your on-premise technology?
- Have you run bandwidth tests to ensure all systems will work with increased employee access and traffic?
- Have you audited your remote technology licenses of Office 365, Remote Desktop (RDP), Citrix, VPN or similar, to support a full remote workforce?
- Are there any last-minute technology improvements your organization can perform to make remote based employees more effective, including laptops, secondary monitors, docking station for notebooks, remote workforce security offerings and additional applications like videoconferencing?
Remote Access Technologies to Consider if Not Already in Place
Microsoft Office 365, Citrix, Remote Desktop (RDP), VPN and other technologies.
Cloud Hosting/Storage – Make Sure Mission Critical Applications Can be Managed Remotely
Consider moving front and back-office business critical applications like Accounting/ERP, CRM, HR, Payroll into a cloud environment. Take away the worry of running, maintaining & backing up your applications should your office have to be closed.
Cloud Collaboration and Productivity Tools
- Cloud Based Productivity Tools/Workspaces for email and collaboration – MS Office 365 with collaboration workspaces like Microsoft Teams.
- Video Communication – Microsoft Teams, GoToMeeting, WebEx, Zoom, etc.
- Remote Authentication and Security tools
As always, we are here to support you and your organization in any way we can to ensure smooth business continuity and security. Please do not hesitate to reach out to me directly for further guidance.
t: 646.293.1708 | e: email@example.com
Document Technology Simplified