The right printer improves efficiency, enhances productivity, and reduces costs. However, you don’t need to purchase a printer to enjoy the same valuable benefits. Instead of paying a high upfront sum, you can opt for printer rental. Doing so is advantageous for short-term projects and budgeting. Businesses can also experiment with a few devices through printer rental before committing. Read on to learn more about the benefits of printer rental.
How Printer Rental Works
Before exploring the benefits of renting office equipment, you need to examine the process. A printer rental involves using a printer over a specified period for a monthly price rather than making an outright purchase. The exact agreements will vary from company to company. Some allow you to pay the whole cost at the end of the rental, though this is rare.
For example, your business might need clear and accurate pictures for a certain project. Instead of buying an ink-jet printer, renting it would save you substantial costs.
While the concepts are similar, don’t confuse printer rental with leasing. Printer leasing is typically for an extended period, is more financially complex, and also constitutes a long-term commitment. A printer rental is better for shorter periods with a basic payment plan.
Here’s what to consider regarding a printer rental:
- Selecting the suitable device – Depending on your needs, you’ll choose from various printer technology types. They include multi-functional printers, ink-jet printers, and laser printers. Each has specific advantages and drawbacks. Tell the company your priorities so they can help you make the most suitable selection. An ink-jet printer is slow but produces accurate and clear images. Laser printers are better for high document output.
- Drafting a contract – Once you reach an agreement, the company will write the terms for you to sign. It typically includes duration, payment, device type, and maintenance. Be sure to read over the agreement carefully and clear up any misunderstandings before signing.
- Returning the device after use – Once you’re finished using the printer, return it to the company or extend the rental period. Endeavor to not damage the printer, which can result in additional fees.
You’ll most likely also have to consider support in terms of repairs, consumables, and maintenance. Some companies will include this in the printer rental agreement, while others might require an additional fee. Sometimes, you can even purchase the printer at a slightly lower price.
While this method is good for shorter projects, you can experiment with different devices until you find the right one for your business.
The Benefits of Using a Printer Rental
A printer rental has unique benefits that can be more advantageous than outright purchases or even leasing:
- Suitable for short-term projects – Perhaps you’re doing a one-time project that requires a high-functioning printer. A purchase will have you using the money for a device you won’t use later. A printer rental is much better for short-term projects.
- Simple and affordable budgeting – Renting helps you simultaneously avoid large sums and complex payment plans. You’ll pay a smaller sum over the period you agreed upon instead. A printer rental usually has a simple, straightforward payment plan that makes the deal affordable and convenient.
- A flexible approach to printing – With rentals, you can easily swap out your device for one that’s more appropriate. On the other hand, purchasing a printer is a big commitment. You’ll have to consider how it affects productivity and your workflow. A printer rental is a unique opportunity to ease into your office equipment before settling on a long-term model.
- Convenience and ease of use – Most printer rentals bundle in maintenance and consumables, so you don’t have to worry about these aspects. This can be especially beneficial if you’re on a tight deadline and don’t want to worry about office equipment.
Ask about specific deals and benefits when choosing a printer rental company. Many companies have special pre-made plans over varying periods. You can inform them of your needs so they can help you find the best custom solution in both hardware and rental terms. If you’re looking for more of a long-term solution, then printer leasing might be the better choice.
Considerations Before Choosing a Printer Rental
While a printer rental can be beneficial, it may not be the best option for every situation. It’s particularly useful for short projects or when you don’t want to commit office equipment. Here are some other factors to consider:
- Upgrading – If you need up-to-date equipment, ensure your agreement reflects that. You’ll then be able to swap out devices for another one easily. You’ll also want to look for flexible companies with this option and other agreement terms.
- Long-term cost evaluation – You might want to analyze the long-term costs before renting a printer. While it will help you avoid a large upfront purchase, you should still ensure that the payment periods are cost-effective in the long run.
- Choosing the right company – When renting office equipment, you’ll first need to choose the right company. Ideally, look for professionals with proven expertise and experience. Their customer care team should be prompt, flexible, professional, and helpful.
- Integration – If you have specialized software integrated into your office equipment, you may need to see if your printer rental is compatible. If not, this may make it harder for employees to complete tasks efficiently.
Ultimately, you should consider if a rental reflects your business needs. If you’re looking for long-term solutions, it might be better to consider purchasing or leasing.
Office Equipment for the Ideal Workflow
Choosing the right office equipment is important for optimized efficiency, productivity, and improving your bottom line. But that’s just the beginning. You might also need strategic technology, integrated software, and managed document services to maximize your printer’s output.
Docutrend covers specialized solutions for your business, including a wide range of these services. If you’re a business in New York, Totowa, Pennsauken, Edison, or Ft. Washington, contact Docutrend for the best solution.