It makes no difference what industry you’re in or how big your organization is, the bottom-line is that you want to save money. One area that provides a great opportunity to achieve this goal, along with addressing information security and environmental concerns, is your print environment.
The relationship between document imaging technologies and users is symbiotic: You can’t have one without the other, but when organizations restructure their print environment, many of them place all the emphasis on the hardware and don’t address the human factor.
Evaluating your employees’ printing behavior is equally as important as the careful study of your devices. Who’s printing? What are they printing? According to InfoTrends research, 82% of people say they still print files even if the business process doesn’t require it? That alone translates to a lot of pages that are having a negative impact on your bottom line.
Print management software offers the tools to help you cut down on printing and, in turn, lower your costs. Here are 5 questions you should ask yourself to help you determine if you’re a candidate for a Print Management solution:
- Does my company allow all of its employees to print in color?
- Is double-sided output enforced by the IT department?
- Are there any limits or restrictions on how much people can print?
- How does my organization promote document security and eco friendliness?
- Can employees print to any device in the office, regardless of cost?
We’re here to help! Reach out to us and one of our Print Management experts will consult and advise the best strategy for you and your organization’s needs .