The main components of managed print services (MPS) are a needs assessment, selective or general replacement of hardware, and the service, parts and supplies needed to operate the new and/or existing hardware (including existing third-party equipment if this is required by the customer). The provider will then monitor how the printer, fax, copier and MFP fleet is being used, the problems, and the user’s satisfaction.
Docutrend’s MPS specialists will evaluate the current print environment and analyze it to identify a better understand of opportunities for consolidation of vendors and devices. This can be in-person and include an analysis of your current floor plan and printer placement to identify inefficient processes and unnecessary expenses. Suggestions will be made to right-size the printing environment.
The plan may include the following:
- Assess current state via print monitoring software (design, usage and spending)
- Identification of inefficient processes, overtaxed support staff and unnecessary expense
- Design future state recommendation
- Establish proposed costs and associated savings
- Right-size environment/redirect print
- Consolidate vendors
Manage the Print Environment
After an optimization plan is agreed upon, the solution(s) is implemented. If necessary, new equipment is procured, installed and securely networked. Next, training will occur to ensure a smooth transition. Then, ongoing maintenance, supply ordering and tracking begins.
- Device management with ongoing management
- Ongoing supply tracking (e.g., real-time toner levels) and predictive supply ordering
- Day-to-day maintenance, support, and repairs statistics & reporting
- Cost-per-page summaries and tracking
- Supply utilization reports
- Equipment efficiency analyses
- Recommendations for adjustments
Improve Print Workflow
Once the print management and the tracking is in place, it is time to explore further improvements to workflows with a goal of creating sustainable results.